Financial AidDownload a Financial Aid Application for 2010-2011: PDF Document Word Document It is Meridian School’s goal to provide financial assistance to those students seeking to improve their educational experience, but cannot otherwise afford this opportunity. Although we are not a lending institution, we do remain committed to reviewing and considering all requests for tuition assistance and helping those with genuine needs. All financial aid is managed and appropriated within the following guidelines:
- Financial aid will be available only to current full-time students at, or new students registering for full-time status at, Meridian School.
- The Financial Aid Fund will be administered by the Meridian School Board or an appointed Student Financial Aid Committee under its oversight.
- Financial aid will appear as a credit on the student’s account and the enrollment contract, and therefore is not available to be refunded or used for any other purpose.
- The maximum financial aid award will be 50% of an individual students’ tuition. The remaining tuition amount must be paid by the family or outside scholarship funding source, or a combination of family resources and outside funding.
- Regardless of the amount of financial aid provided, failure to meet the remaining financial obligations at Meridian School may result in a revocation of the financial aid, as determined by the Meridian School Board, as well as the inability to register for the following year or graduate from Meridian School.
- Monies donated to Meridian School for financial aid cannot be directed to any one particular student, or classification of student (e.g., academic scholar, athlete, etc.).
- Monies donated to Meridian School for financial aid cannot be used for any other purpose unless permission is granted in writing to the Meridian School Board by the donor.
- Students receiving financial aid must follow all standard admissions processes, and enter Meridian School on the same basis and in the same manner as all other students, and must adhere to all Meridian School policies while enrolled.
- Failure on the part of the student (or family) to adhere to Meridian School policies, or failure on the part of the student to maintain an overall Grade Point Average of 2.50 at Meridian School, may result in a revocation of the financial aid, as determined by the Meridian School Board of Trustees. Students who end a school year on academic probation will not be eligible for financial aid for the upcoming year.
- Existing Meridian School families requesting financial aid or having been granted such aid must be or must remain current on their student tuition accounts (i.e., have no outstanding balance from previous years).
- Financial aid cannot be granted to families who have not fully met financial obligations at any other school.
- Financial aid is only available as funds are availableâ€”qualifying for financial aid does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
- If in the process of enrollment, a family applies and does not qualify for financial aid, or does not qualify for enough financial aid (resulting in the student not being able to enroll), a full refund of tuition and fees already paid toward the upcoming year will be provided.
- If in the process of enrollment, a family applies and qualifies for financial aid at Meridian School and funds are not available (resulting in the student not being able to enroll at the school), a full refund of tuition and fees already paid toward the upcoming year will be provided.
- If in the process of enrollment, a family applies and qualifies for financial aid at Meridian School, and funds are available yet the family decides not to enroll their student(s), a full refund of only tuition already paid is available.
How to Apply for Financial Aid at Meridian School Complete financial aid application, with letter of request and current tax returns
- Deadline for fall enrollment is February 6th.
- Awards will be announced February 20th. a. Applicants must accept or decline award by February 27th. b. Applicants that accept the award must complete the enrollment process by February 27th or awards will be redistributed. i. Sign student enrollment contract ii. Complete PlanPay forms iii. First payment on tuition begins in June 3. If monies are still available after the first round of financial aid, families will be notified of additional funds. Another round of applications will be accepted in March.