Since 1989, Meridian School has been an important part of the Utah County community. Currently Meridian School offers families an exceptional approach to elementary, middle, and high school education.
While some of you may be familiar with Meridian School, or may have been on our campus in the past, we want to make you aware of some of our more recent achievements and developments as well as our impact on the local community.
- Is accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC).
- Employs full and part time staff members from Utah County.
- Employs workers on a contract basis from a variety of local companies, including Environmental Cleaning Services.
- Serves families primarily from Provo and Orem in addition to some families from Springville, Spanish Fork, Payson, Genola, Lindon, Pleasant Grove, American Fork, and Lehi.
- Provides food, clothing, and school supplies to its students and staff members and is committed to buying its products locally at places such as Sam’s Club, Costco, Staples, OfficeMax, ImageWear, and Namifiers.
- Since 1990 has participated in a month long exchange program with students from Germany through the German American Partnership Program.
- Has sponsored 5-10 Utah County families each Christmas since 2001 through the United Way Sub For Santa program.
- Has sent high school students on a monthly basis to volunteer at the Utah County Food and Shelter Coalition.
- Has participated each fall as volunteer phone workers for KBYU’s annual telephone pledge drive.
At Meridian School, the decisions we make take into consideration our impact on both our local and global community:
- We have had a school-wide recycling program in place for several years and recycle all paper, cardboard, and metal.
- We are committed to relying more on electronic communication with as many constituencies as possible in order to reduce our paper usage.
- We participate in the nationwide Arbor Day poster contest and are committed to planting a tree each year when we move to our new property.
- We are currently enrolling students from preschool through twelfth grades.
- We have a diverse student body, with 30% representing other nationalities.
- After graduation from Meridian School, students attend many different colleges and universities including such local institutions as Utah Valley University, Brigham Young University, University of Utah, and Southern Utah University.